Snooty Fox

I arrived on site shortly after lunch after a trouble free journey from home. The weather was good and dry. The marshalls gave me a good spot with electric hook up near by. A welcome cup of coffee was brought to me and was very much appreciated. There were more caravans on the site than last year. I had to unplug a hook up off a static caravan that wasn’t being used so I could use it. These were touring caravans but left on site as a holiday home. Most of the owners from the statics had left. A rally welcome pack was given to me along with the rally programme so I was able to plan my weekend stay. There were just the five units from the club which wasn’t too bad considering we were into the second week of November. That evening we gathered together in the Rally Arms drinking tea or something a little stronger and catching up on the gossip’

The next morning Geoff, Derek, John & Anne with Ian & Linda got the bus into Scarborough to do some Christmas shopping. It made a change to see our members queuing for a bus instead of them all squeezing into one camper van. They spent several hours in Scarborough. They did the shops in the Brunswick Centre before going on to the market caf€e for refreshment. John & Anne with Ian & Linda arrived back first. Geoff & Derek frequented the local Wetherspoon.

Saturday morning was bright but chilly. It was decided that today we would get the bus to Malton. There was a food exhibition on in the Milton Rooms hosted by a Television celebrity. I stayed on site whilst the others caught the 9.30am bus to Malton. That afternoon they arrived back laden with goodies from the market and other outlets. When asked who the television celebrity was no one knew. It was some very thin young lady who happened to be a vegetarian and was demonstrating on how to cook healthily with various pulses and vegetables. It didn’t interest me. That evening we all sat down to a meal in the Rally Arms provided by the marshals. Once the meal was over we had a raffle draw where we all won a prize and then it was soon time to retire to our beds.

Sunday morning was slightly dull and overcast. The smell of cooking breakfast was lovely and it wasn’t long before I was sitting down to a lovely wellcooked bacon eggs sausage and beans breakfast. Well, that’s the main attraction of the rally. John wasn’t far behind me sitting down to his breakfast. I think Anne was slightly off colour as she for went her breakfast. After the coffee morning it was all hands on deck dismantling the Rally Arms. We later said our good byes and drove off the site at a reluctant pace going our separate ways. It is never that easy having to go home but it is essential. Thank you to those who came and made it a pleasant weekend. That’s what it is all about. I’m not sure if the club will be coming to this venue next year. lt seems to be getting more static vans in taking up the electric hook ups. Just have to wait and see what next year brings.


This entry was posted in Rally Reports. Bookmark the permalink.