Lincoln Motorhome Show

We had to go to the Lincoln Show a day early as we had to attend a marshals meeting on Wednesday evening. On arrival we were shown to our pitch. It was perfect. We were sighted right next to the toilets, water, and elsan. The entertainment marquee was just a short walk away. The motorhome show was just a little further to walk but not that far. Ian put out the club’s direction signs then after the marshal’s meeting we spent the
rest of the evening in our caravan listening to the local radio.

Thursday morning came and we prepared ourselves to greet in our members. There were four members to come and ourselves making five which qualifies us for our pitch. Once the members were settled in we settled down to an early tea before going to one of the marquees to see one of the shows which are provided for us free of charge’

Friday was the day the motorhome show opened. We hastily went across the show ground to the event to see all the new and unaffordable motorhomes. The weather was hot and sunny and we soon became tired of walking through the trade stalls looking at every accessory you can imagine for caravanning. That evening we all went into the marquee to be entertained by a tribute band to the Rolling Stones who we had seen before and a new band to us a tribute band to Madness. They were really good. We left the marquee at 11pm after a most enjoyable evening.

On Saturday we all took advantage of the courtesy bus special laid on to take us into Lincoln. We were dropped off in the city centre close to the shops. First port of call was the cafe. It was just inside the covered market . After a decent brunch we set off exploring the shops mainly charity shops.  We soon done them all and were heading up to the bus to be taken back to the showground when we came across the Macmillan Cancer After Care
coffee morning.

There was entertainment with free coffee tea cake and biscuits on offer. All we had to do was enjoy the show and make a donation in the collection boxes which were spread around the show.

We spent a couple of hours there in the afternoon sun being entertained by people
campaigning for donations. When we decided to go for the bus to the show ground we found the queue was down the street around the corner and down the next street. We queued patiently with all the other campers.

After two busses had come and gone we finally got on the third one but only just. It soon got full. We got back on site and settled down to tea. That evening was spent in our caravan as the entertainment wasn’t appealing to us. It was another tribute show. This time it was some one impersonating Cliff Richard supporting a couple of guys called Chas & Dave the originals.

Sunday was the last day of the show. We had a last look round in case prices were reduced but they weren’t. It was a good weekend with plenty to do. If you haven’t been give it a try next year. You won’t be disappointed. We finish off the day preparing the van for travelling to Towcester for the ACCEO rally.

This entry was posted in Rally Reports. Bookmark the permalink.